I love breakfasts foods – but as someone who is perpetually running late, I never seem to have time to make a real meal in the morning. I like these mini frittatas (made in a cupcake tin) because you can make a week’s worth ahead of time and warm them up each morning (or take them for lunch). The recipe below includes some of my favorite fillings, but you can really use any vegetables or cheeses that you like.
Mini Veggie Frittatas
1/3 cup lowfat milk
1/4 head of broccoli
1/2 cup spinach
10 grape tomatoes
1-2 ounces gruyere (this is a perfect cheese for quiches and frittatas – white cheddar as a less expensive substitute that also works well)
1-2 ounces smoked mozzarella
3. Combine eggs and milk in bowl. Whisk.
4. Add fillings and a few dashes of seasoning to egg and milk combination and mix until evenly distributed.
5. With cooking spray, generously coat the cupcake tin.
6. Fill each slot until almost full.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a knife comes out nearly clean.
**Tip: while still warm, take a butter knife and circle the edges to make sure the frittatas don’t stick to the sides. After five to ten minutes, you can take them out and cool them on a plate. Refrigerate until ready to warm and eat.